Meet the Bookmom

Hey there! 

I'm Shannon, the creator of this fun, new blog, the S word: confessions of a bookmom! I am a 31 year old stay-at-home-mom for two AMAZING kiddos; Diana-2 & Clarence-10. I am married to my best friend, celebrating our 3rd year married and 4th year together. We also have a pair of twin cats that we rescued as kittens, named Sam and Dean (any Supernatural fans here?!)

I absolutely LOVE books!! 

Ever since I was little you could always find me reading a book. I have read across many genres and authors and have loved them all! My absolute favorite author is Nora Roberts! (there will be more about her in later posts!!) I also have a tendency to read more than one book at a time. For instance, I am currently working my way through Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod, I'm That Girl by Alexis Jones, and Storm Front by Jim Butcher

I am an advocate for Mental Health

I suffer from PTSD, Panic Attacks, Anxiety Attacks, and Depression. These are not as severe as some but can be just as debilitating none-the-less. I am a work in progress and everyday is a new day! (If you suffer from any of the above please know that it's okay to reach out to someone for help!)

Communication is the key!

This is my first blog, EVER, and I am learning as I go so feel free to comment and reach out to me;even if you disagree! I strive to see things from all perspectives! Topics I plan to cover include, but are not limited to,all things BOOKS and book related, authors, events, places we've visited, mom-life, work-life balance, self-care, and more! 

If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints please don't hesitate to email me at shannonsbooks.ubam@gmail.com! You're feedback will help me develop this blog and my knowledge bank (because I am not perfect nor do I know everything, haha).

Blessings,

Shannon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have You Read.. Volume #2

My Book Rating: 📔📙📕📗📘 5 out of 5 Books! (Instead of stars 😉) A Book Review of Girl, Wash Your Face (Rachel Hollis) ...